Friday, February 26, 2010

Hope to familiar with American Food





When I think about American food, sandwiches, pizza, steak or hotdog.


When I ate American food here, I was very shocked because everything I ate is very salty.



On first day I'm here, my brother bought me pizza, pasta, and salad.

I have eaten pizza,pasta and salad of course in Korea, but the taste was very different.

Pizza was very salty, and salad was very sour. I couldn't eat anything. I expected Korean taste. Even though they exist in Korea, they are made for Korean. Foods are less salty and sour.

In addition, I have a interesting story. One day, after my brother and I went gym, I wanted to eat a hotdog. I was thinking about corndog because in Korea, we call corndog as a hotdog. My brother took me to seven eleven, and he bought me a hotdog. REAL AMERICAN HOTDOG.

My face distorted because I didn't mean American hotdog. I knew that in America "hotdog" doen't mean " corndog", but at that time, I forgot it.

Very funny, huh?

Because I planned to be here for one year, my brother wants me to eat more american foods and experience American culture. My brother always says to me that by the time I come back to Korea, I will be holic to American food.Until now, not yet. But I hope I will like American food, not holic:)


I read Sherry's and Wendy's.

3 comments:

  1. That's interesting; I've always found American-style foods to be too sweet. If you eat an American-style Chinese food, it's always too sweet and not salty/sour enough! :-) I also find Korean food to be very salty: BBQ, Soon Do Bu, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't eat cheese at all when my first couple of weeks in here, but now l like it very much! i am sure you will get used to American food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean, do you mean Soon DO Bu with soy sauce or Soon Do Bu soup?? becasue I also think Soon Do Bu with soy sauce is too salty.

    ReplyDelete